FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
August 2, 2016
Contact: Marie Oliva, President & CEO
(508) 759-6000 x12, firstname.lastname@example.org
FAMILY FUN FOR EVERYONE AT THE 47TH ANNUAL CAPE COD SCALLOP FEST
SEPTEMBER 23, 24, and 25, 2016
Cape Cod Fairgrounds, 1220 Nathan Ellis Hwy, East Falmouth
Falmouth – Of course you love the scallops! The 47th Annual Cape Cod Scallop Fest is packing in even more food, fun, and family-friendly entertainment.
Check out our newly designed village layout, bringing all the action together for a fabulous festival experience. We have completely changed how the Fest looks and feels.
Come see for yourself on September 23-25, 2016 and enjoy free food & beverage samples, kids’ parades & performances, and antique & classic car shows. The Fest has enjoyed being a Top 100 Event in North America awarded by the American Bus Association for six consecutive years.
Here are some of the highlights you won’t want to miss:
Two performance stages showcase a different genre of music each day ensuring the entertainment never stops:
- Entrain performs on Friday, 6:30pm, capping off a day of America music presented by CodComm (Cape Cod Radio.com).
- Kristen Merlin headlines on Saturday, 6:30pm, for a day of Country music, presented by Cape Cod Broadcasting.
- Cash is King performs their tribute to Johnny Cash at 4:30pm on Sunday, which is a day dedicated to Tribute bands, presented by iHeart RADIO.
- Complete lineup for both stages is available at www.capecodscallopfest.com/entertainment
At Kids’ Corner, presented by Kids on the Cape, families can participate in arts & crafts, demonstrations, games, and parades geared toward a wide range of ages on Saturday and Sunday from 11am-4pm:
- Second Nature will coordinate a Kids Parade both days - kids of all ages are encouraged to join in on the fun! Saturday: prep at 1pm, parade at 2pm; Sunday: prep at 12pm, parade at 1pm.
- Barnstable County 4-H interactive classes, pumpkin patch, arts, crafts and games
- Cape Cod Gymnastics obstacle course (also performing on village stage)
- Cape Cod Children’s Museum and Cape Cod Maritime Museum arts & crafts
- Mode 4 Music interactive booth (also performing on village stage)
- Stand-alone rides provided by Cape Cod Inflatable Ride Park
Choose your dream car at two different car shows taking place on the grounds on Saturday and Sunday, weather permitting, from 1-4pm:
- On Saturday, Tiny & Sons Glass Co. is presenting the “Classic Antique Cruisin’ Car Show” featuring all types of antique cars.
- On Sunday, Falmouth Classic Car Club will be showcasing their cars after ending their annual cruise through Falmouth.
Feeling competitive? Try your hand at one of the Corn Hole Tournaments offered 1-3pm on Saturday and Sunday, presented by Cape Cod Cornhole and The Cornhole Company:
- Up to 32 team tournaments each day, single elimination
- Winner each day receives a Grand Prize Package provided by L. Knife & Sons for a trip for two to Nantucket, including ferry transportation, dinner, and accommodations.
- Register in advance at http://www.capecodscallopfest.com/corn-hole-tournaments or at the tournament tent on the day of the event. Cost is $5 per person or $10 per team, does not include cost of admission to Fest
Eat and sip your way through the Fest with a bountiful variety of choices from these great culinary vendors:
- Succulent scallops or chicken meals from J&J Concessions
- Big Rock Oyster Co. raw bar & grilled oysters
- Foodzilla on Wheels hamburgers, hotdogs, sausages, chicken fingers, fries, and more
- Great Cape Baking Co. cider & cider donuts
- Chowder, lobster rolls, salads, wraps and more from John’s Dogs
- Strawberry shortcake and smoothies by BES Specialties
- Ice cream from Noonan Concessions
- Kettle corn, lemonade and fruit blend lemonades from Rae’s Gourmet Specialty Foods
- Sample wines from Barefoot Wines & Bubbly or rum from Blue Chair Bay Rum
- Enjoy and sample Craft Beers
- Cape Cod Coffee: iced & hot coffee, teas, hot chocolate
- Enjoy other food samples from vendors throughout the Festival grounds
Enjoy all this, bypass the admission lines and receive a discount off the gate price when you purchase your tickets online:
- Receive $2.00 off the gate price of admission/meal combo tickets for scallop ($24) and chicken dinners ($22) when you purchase tickets online in advance (through September 22nd) at www.capecodscallopfest.com.
- The ticket buying process is simple, streamlined, and secure through the Chamber’s professional online ticketing company Brown Paper Tickets
General Admission is only $7 – children 6 to 12 are $2 and children 5 and under are admitted FREE. FREE parking is available.
Thanks to our Sponsors:
Barnstable County Sheriff’s Office, Coca Cola, Barefoot Wine & Bubbly, Cape Cod Healthcare, Cavossa, L.Knife & Son, Sungevity, Blue Chair Bay Premium Rum, Five Star Golf Carts, Buckler’s Towing Service, Canal Fuel Co., Cape Cod Five, A.D. Makepeace Company, Atlantic Subaru, Eastern Bank, Stop &Shop, Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital Plymouth, Sea Crest Beach Hotel, Mashpee Wampanoag Tribe, Pina Enterprises, Ralph J. Perry Inc., Tiny & Sons Auto Glass, CelebrityXCruises, Cape Cod Cornhole, The Cornhole Company, AAA Southeastern New England, AmeriGas, Brabo Benefits, Cape Cod Medical Alarms, Chase Company, Falmouth Toyota, Northeast Unlimited Tours, South Shore Generator, TD Bank.
Media Sponsors: Cape Cod Broadcasting, Wicked Local, i-Heart RADIO, Cape Cod Media Group (Cape Cod Times), Edible South Shore South Coast, Kids on the Cape, WPLM, Cape Cod Radio.com
The Cape Cod Canal Region Chamber is a not-for-profit corporation that raises funds to help the community in various ways. Proceeds from the Fest help fund the Chamber’s scholarship program for 4 area high schools, donate to 3 local food pantries and contribute to the operation of 2 visitor centers that service the traveling public.