FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
August 17, 2017
Contact: Marie Oliva, President & CEO
(508) 759-6000 x12, [email protected]
FAMILY FUN FOR EVERYONE AT THE 48th CAPE COD SCALLOP FEST
SEPTEMBER 22, 23, 24, 2017
Cape Cod Fairgrounds, 1220 Nathan Ellis Hwy, East Falmouth
Falmouth – Of course you love scallops! The 48th Cape Cod Scallop Fest is packing in even more food, fun, and family-friendly entertainment on September 22-24, 2017. Come see for yourself and enjoy delectable Scallop and Chicken dinners. The Fest has enjoyed being a Top 100 Event in North America awarded by the American Bus Association for six consecutive years.
Here are some of the highlights you won’t want to miss:
New: A comedy act by Lenny Clarke, nationally known as a comedian and actor who starred on his own self-titled sitcom on CBS, FX’s Rescue Me, There’s Something About Mary, Rounders, Me, Myself & Irene, Moonlight Mile, Stuck on You, Fever Pitch and Here Comes the Boom. Come see him on Friday, September 22nd at 6:30pm preceded by Comedian Christine Hurley.
A line up of live entertainment will keep you entertained all weekend, including Saturday night’s headliner, “Draw the Line Band”. Other bands include Studio Two – A Tribute to the Beatles, the Reminisants, Black List Band, Mode 4 Music Studio for the All Star Youth Bands featuring young adults who are exceptionally talented. A complete line up is available at www.capecodscallopfest.com/entertainment.
Choose your dream car at the Car Show on Sunday, September 24, from 1pm – 4pm by the Falmouth Classic Car Club and the Shamrods, weather permitting. The Car Show is sponsored by Orleans Auto Supply.
Feeling competitive? Try your hand at one of the Corn Hole Tournaments offered 1-3pm on Saturday and Sunday, presented by The Cornhole Company:
- Up to 32 team tournaments each day, single elimination
- Winner each day receives a Grand Prize Package provided by L. Knife & Sons for a trip for two to Nantucket, including ferry transportation and dinner.
- Register in advance at http://www.capecodscallopfest.com/corn-hole-tournaments or at the tournament tent on the day of the event. Cost is $5 per person or $10 per team, does not include cost of admission to Fest
Eat and sip your way through the Fest with a bountiful variety of choices from these great culinary vendors:
- Succulent scallops or chicken meals from J&J Concessions
- Big Rock Oyster Co. raw bar & grilled oysters
- Foodzilla on Wheels hamburgers, hotdogs, sausages, chicken fingers, fries, and more
- Chowder, lobster rolls, salads, wraps and more from John’s Dogs
- Ice cream from Noonan Concessions
- Kettle corn, lemonade and fruit blend lemonades from Rae’s Gourmet Specialty Foods
- Sample wines from Barefoot Wines & Bubbly or rum from Blue Chair Bay Rum
- Enjoy craft beer & wine
- Cape Cod Coffee: iced & hot coffee, teas, hot chocolate
Enjoy all this, bypass the admission lines and receive a discount off the gate price when you purchase your tickets online:
Receive $2.00 off the gate price of admission/meal combo tickets for scallop ($24) and chicken dinners ($22) when you purchase tickets online in advance (through September 22nd) at www.capecodscallopfest.com.
General Admission is only $7 – children 6 to 12 are $2 and children 5 and under are admitted FREE. FREE parking is available.
Thanks to our Sponsors:
Barnstable County Sheriff’s Office, Coca Cola, Marty’s Chevrolet, Barefoot Wine & Bubbly, Cape Cod Healthcare, Cavossa, L.Knife & Son, Blue Chair Bay Premium Rum, Five Star Golf Carts, Canal Fuel Co., Cape Cod Five, CelebrityXCruises, A.D. Makepeace Company, Eastern Bank, Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital Plymouth, Sea Crest Beach Hotel, Pina Enterprises, Ralph J. Perry Inc., The Cornhole Company, AAA Southeastern New England, AmeriGas, Brabo Benefits, Chase Canopy, Falmouth Toyota, Northeast Unlimited Tours, South Shore Generator, All American Assisting Living at Wareham.
Media Sponsors: Cape Cod Broadcasting, Wicked Local, i-Heart RADIO, Cape Cod Media Group (Cape Cod Times), CapeCodRadio.com, Edible South Shore South Coast, Kids on the Cape, WPLM, Cape Cod Radio.com, The Enterprise, and New Bedford Guide.
The Cape Cod Canal Region Chamber is a not-for-profit corporation that raises funds to help the community in various ways. Proceeds from the Fest help fund the Chamber’s scholarship program for 4 area high schools, donate to 3 local food pantries and contribute to the operation of 2 visitor centers that service the traveling public.
Editors: For further information and images, go to www.capecodcscallopfest.com or for interviews and images, contact Marie Oliva at 508-759-6000, Ext. 12, [email protected]